Artikel Terbaru

30 September 2013

Short Story: BED OF REVELATION Part IV

“Modise…” that was the last word I said before everything turned black.

“What is he doing here?” I asked my traditional doctor as I saw Modise in my restroom a day after my collapsing after she told Modise came to see me. She told me that he had come to explain things but I told her to send him away. After he left I cried myself to sleep because I couldn’t believe that the man that I thought was my world just played with my trust. What I just didn’t get was why he bought the bed just to sleep with my best friend on it, why didn’t he bother bringing the bed to our hut, why didn’t he just send it straight to her hut. And talking of bed and a best friend, I decided that that was the end of the two in my life. I couldn’t believe that Dinny will ever do that to me, she was supposed to be my sister and now this!
Afer three days in the doctor’s nursing hut I was released.

I went straight to the hut that once belonged to me and Modise. I was to pack all my things and move back to my mother’s home. I didn’t know how I was going to face my father for he was the kind of man who didn’t believe that people should go against engagements or marriage vows because of misunderstanding. Well, I decide that if my father would not hear of that then I will go to stay with my city cousin. As I got in the hut I saw some bead necklace on top of the bed. The bead necklace was commonly known to be an exchange between lovers. So finally they were free to display their ‘love’, I thought, but how come I never saw it coming? It was probably because of my too much trusting character.

As I set to pack my belonging I heard a knock in the door as I went to open it, there I saw a worried face of Modise and he was with his brother.
“Any need to knock, this is your house remember?”
“So you are leaving?” he asked.
 “Got to give you and your girlfriend together with your bed some space”
 “Listen Belanca it wasn’t me with Dineo in the hut on the day you collapsed.” I tried to chase him out but he took his stand that I should listen to his part of story.

“Belanca, I am so sorry.” started Modise’s brother “Really I didn’t know that she was so evil and that she could do anything of that sort to you. On the day I arrived she asked me to the hut with her, she told me that you agreed to let her use the bed. I found out it was untrue by the conversation you had with her. I tried to intervene by you had already collapsed, so we had to rush you to the doctor.”


After those words I looked at Modise in a childish way of seeking for comfort and reassurance from his parents’ love.

Let's meet again next week... Whatcha say?

Setswana                        English Translation    

I love you                       Ke a go rata  

No comments:

Post a Comment