Artikel Terbaru

24 September 2013

Short Story: BED OF REVELATION Part III

The next day was to prove another drama in my life, I made up with Dinny and we continued with our friendship after Modise advised me to, saying we couldn’t throw away our friendship because of something so insignificant and I agreed with him. As I was preparing to go to the market I asked her to accompany me there but she said she couldn’t for she have promised her mother that she was going to help her with thatching her hut. 

That puzzled me for I knew how she loved going to the market, I mean she would lie or do anything just to go with me there but anyway we parted ways agreeing on seeing each other in the afternoons. At noon I returned from the market on high spirit, thinking of what I was going to cook for Modise, pap and vegetables since they were his favorite dishes. As I got near our hut I heard some noise from within and I slowly approached the hut in order to earshot on what was being said inside.

To my astonishment I heard Dinny’s voice saying, “But you love me more than her, don’t you, love?”
“Yes I do.” That voice! I knew the voice! That was Modise’s voice!
Without thinking I cried, “what!?” and as a response to my outburst came out naked Dinny wrapped with a cloth around her body and devilish smile on her face and said, “Well thought you were his only woman, huh? Guess what, dear! You were wrong and stupid to think so!”

 I tried to get inside but with push me away from the door. “You see, Belanca I am sick and tired of being under your shadow, Of you always going like, Modise this, Modise that. I have been planning to show revenge on you and this bed couldn’t have come at the right time. Now I get to sleep on ‘your bed’ first with your man! How nice!”

“By the way do you know what made that beautiful branch to hit your curves? Oh no, you don’t! Because Belanca my darling you are so trusting, so innocent that no man can resist you. You took my man away and now it is your turn to pay.”
“Your man!? Whom are you talking about?”
“You even think low of me! You have even forgotten that there are men who are interested in me even if their number is not as countless as yours. You took my Tshepiso away from me!”
“Tshepiso? What are you talking about? Dinny you are like a sister to me and I’ll take your man away from you or let alone do anything to hurt you.”

 “You still can’t get it, huh? Why do God always forget to give the beautiful ones some little brain, doesn't He know the pain that we, the ugly people, have to through in order to prove that indeed the mouth is part of the head and not leg! Belanca, Belanca my dear let me tell you a little story. I loved Tshepiso with all my heart, I gave him my all but did he love me the same I loved him? 

"No. because he was loving someone else and that someone else was none but the lovely queen of our village. I tried everything that I could but I never saw the day he turned and look at me the way he was looking at you when he thought no one was looking. Yes I tried everything but I guess I could never beat you to the angelic life you were living.


"No man in this village cant resist Angel Belanca, and me as the friend I just had to live under her shadow but now it will never be like that, oh no, for I have charmed my way to your bed and not only your bed even you man.”

                        Want more? Let's meet next week...

Setswana                        English Translation    

Borôkô                            Good night                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment